Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Saturday, November 19, 2011

You better be grateful

I'm reading Gulliver's Travels to Lucas.  I stumbled across this quote, which I thought was an appropriate meditation with Thanksgiving just around the corner:

"Ingratitude is among them a capital crime, as we read it to have been in some other countries; for they reason thus, that whoever makes ill returns to his benefactor, must needs be a common enemy to the rest of mankind, from whom he hath received no obligation, and therefore such a man is not fit to live."  --Gulliver's Travels


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...