Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Monday, November 21, 2011

Shadow Feet

Two mornings in a row I've awakened singing this song.  I don't even remember the last time I heard it, so I don't know why it would be in my head, my spirit, and on my lips.  One of those times I think the Holy Spirit is singing through me.


"He," the Spirit in you, "maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God," and God searches your heart not to know what your conscious prayers are, but to find out what is the prayer of the Holy Spirit.  The Spirit of God needs the nature of the believer as a shrine in which to offer his intercession.  --Oswald Chambers in My Utmost For His Highest, November 8




3 comments:

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

That's triiiiippy Daj....

I started playing this in worship at church a few years ago. But I remember the week that I decided to--

I had planned on singing "Hosanna" by Hillsongs that Sunday. (Which, coincidentally, is also written by Brooke Fraser.) *I* woke up with Shadowfeet in my head! At that time I didn't know the title or the artist (or even the words! lol), but it was in my head and heart. Since I didn't know WHERE I had heard it, I searched the blogs I had been reading which had playlists on them. Sure enough, I found it. Downloaded the chords that day and decided it to play it in church the very next day, and Hosanna, too. (Jeff asked me, "You really like that girl, don't you?" lol)

I often play this in medleys on other songs. It rocks.

Serena Abdelaziz said...

Never heard it before, but I do like it! :)

Mrs. Tuna said...

How lovely!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...