|Image from here.|
So, I started my little New Year's Celebration a bit early tonight by pouring some bubbly over some natural French Vanilla ice cream. Yes. Yes, I did.
It was ghetto.
And it was fabulous.
I was all over that like trailer trash on velveeta.
Speaking of New Year's, have you made any resolutions? I haven't decided on just one yet. Yell less, dream more. Take more walks. Read more books. Watch less television. So many ways I can think of to improve my life. Many though, I have not so much control over. Like have more money. Oh, and sleep. I want more sleep. Is there a magical place where money and sleep are dispensed? Because I'll spend all my air miles to get there.
Not that I have ever been that big on New Year's Resolutions. I've never been on a diet and don't need to give up smoking. Maybe I should consult the government for help. Did you know that the USA.gov will help you to accomplish the most popular resolutions? Our government never ceases to be helpful.
Well, maybe this is a good place to start:
|Image from here.|
Maybe instead of making obvious resolutions that no one keeps anyway, I should make a list of obvious things that I promise NOT to do this year:
1. I will not get a tattoo. Not even a temporary one.
2. I will not eat at McDonald's. (How anyone with taste buds or a sense of smell can eat there is beyond me.)
3. I will not eat at Carl's Junior. I am a woman after all; I have standards.
4. I will not wear a bikini. I have seven children; that ship has sailed.
5. I will not pierce any part of my body that I haven't already. (In case you're wondering I've only pierced my ears.)
6. I will not likely sleep past 8am. If I do, I will thank my husband with a big sloppy kiss, because obviously, he whisked the baby out of the room early.
Whatever you decide to do or not do this coming year, I hope it's 100x better than 2011. Because if your 2011 was tough you deserve a break. If your 2011 was awesome, I hope everything only gets better and better!
Here's my New Year wish for you, my dear blog readers:
On New Year's Eve may you drink champagne with your true love while your children who insist on staying up behave beautifully. May you share the ringing in of the New Year with treasured friends who share your affinity for things wrapped in bacon. At the very least may your husband start the New Year by bringing you breakfast in bed--eggs, bacon, coffee--but not before like 10:30am.