Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Manifesto


1. I will clean my desk, my oven, and my bedroom.  I will.  I'm not just saying it to make Gana feel better.

2. I will ring the New Year in with chocolate chip cookies.  (A cookie right before midnight and a cookie right after.  A year that begins and ends with a chocolate chip cookie has to be good.)

3. Two words: Hot Chocolate.  (There hopefully will be a follow-up post to you, as I report on different hot chocolates.  I'm a connoisseur.)

4. I will celebrate Tsaagan Sar in true Mongolian style.

5. Sweaters, tights, boots, scarves, gloves.  I will go against the Southern California tide and not dress like it is July when it's January.
Captain, two years old, in the snow.

6. I will celebrate all 12 Days of Christmas and Epiphany.  Will you celebrate with me?

7. I will celebrate the "Us" of our marriage.  Gana and I will establish our weekly date night....and protect it.  It will be better than this.

8. I will watch old black and white television shows with my kids.

9. Re-read Orthodoxy, by GK Chesterton.

Snow day with the kids--Captain's first winter.
10. Take the kids to the snow.

11. Make lavender fragrant rice bags for every bed, to keep our toes toasty warm.



6 comments:

Andrea said...

I love them all, Daja... but #6 *absolutely* I will... & #8 ahhhhh (that's my heart singing!!). :-)

The Honeymooners, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Ma & Pa Kettle, Dragnet, The Nelsons, My Three Sons, Hazel, Father Knows Best... oh, for joy... for joy!!

~Andrea
xoxoxoxoxo

Sheri said...

Ask Carey for the recipe for her hot chocolate. Almost like a pudding to drink. It's actually our friend's recipe.

Ganji said...

Nice manifestos for winter! Is that lavender rice bag supposed to keep warm? If it is, I'll try that too, it's very cold here..

Gombojav Tribe said...

You can used a plain cotton sewed bag or sometimes I just used a long sock! Fill with dry uncooked rice and add dry the herbs you like for fragrance. If you don't have any, just leave them out. Seal it up well (sew the bag shut or knot the sock).

Pop in a microwave for a minute (or two or three). Then take it out and enjoy. It can be used over and over again as long as you don't get it wet.

Joy said...

I made lavendar rice bags for me and my girls and several friends and family for Christmas. Everybody loved them. It is wonderful heated up and I take it to bed with me. I put it by my feet to make them toasty warm. It is very relaxing. My husband doesn't like the warm rice smell in bed though. I put lavendar in mine but don't smell it as much as I would like too.
Happy New Year. Hope all your manifestos come true.
♥ Joy

Lady Dorothy said...

Looking forward to the hot chocolate post! And this is the perfect year for #5. It's been cold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...