Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Monday, January 3, 2011

A little homemade Christmas cheer!

I love homemade gifts.  I love to receive them and I love to give them.  There is something so charming about something you created with your own two hands and clever mind.  When you hold something that you know someone created in their kitchen, garage, garden or office and you know that time and thought and love went into, it's value skyrockets.  To know that hands you love and cherish fashioned something for you, it's a blessing!

Some Christmases I really get my act together and create most of the gifts.  Then there are years like the last two Christmases when all I made was a few trips to the store.  *pout*

This year, I didn't make everything, but some things.  I got together with a friend and we put on the Christmas tunes, drank apple cider and created!  It was a blast.  Here are the fruits of our labors:


Homemade Limoncello using the fresh lemons from our tree.
Gana and I enjoyed limoncello in Italy this summer,
so it was doubly fun to mix up a batch in our own kitchen!

Mulling Spices

Magnets
"The irregular and intimate quality of things made entirely by the human hand." - Willa Cather

2 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Those are some beautiful bottles!

Andrea said...

I find it intriguing that we both are on the same "path" in 2011, Daja... or... oh, what is the term I'm trying to express... ummm... we're on the same "train of thought", perhaps. It's the idea of being creative~ using our art-full-ness to make things meaningful.

That's one of my goals for 2011 that I blogged about & I've got some blog entries written & waiting in the wings to be published (don't want to release a bunch of posts all in one day so I time them to be released one-per-day).

Cheers to creativity!! Hurray to releasing the processes stored in the right-side of our brain. :-)

Love~ Andrea
xoxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...