Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Semantics

Israel (10): Mom, what's communism again?

Me: Israel?!

Israel:  I know you've told me, but I keep forgetting!

Me: It's a system of government and a philosophy that puts the common good as more important than the individual.  So, you don't have rights to your own property, may not get to choose your own religion, the money you make has to be equally shared among everyone.  So everyone is equal, trying to make everything in life fair.  Communist believe that if everyone has the same stuff and everything is fair then there will be no more conflict.

Israel: Oh yes!  I remember now.  Sorry.  I keep getting confused because it sounds just like Democrats.

And that is where I nearly choked with laughter!

2 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Oh, my goodness! I had to catch myself from LOL too loudly!

Children can see the truth through all the malarkey, can't they?

Jenn said...

Ahahaha I LOVE it. No nonsense. Kids are awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...