Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Random thoughts on the election and the state of the country....

Rich Mullins said, "I think the big problem is that, as Christians, we forgot that our identity is wrapped up in Christ and for a long time we bought into the illusion that the will of the masses would be more generous and more benevolent than the will of one dictator. But democracy isn't necessarily bad politics, its just bad math. A thousand corrupt minds are just as evil as one corrupt mind."


GK Chesterton said, "Now, I have not lost my ideals in the least; my faith in fundamentals is exactly what it always was. What I have lost is my old childlike faith in practical politics. I am still as much concerned as ever about the Battle of Armageddon; but I am not so much concerned about the General Election. As a babe I leapt up on my mother's knee at the mere mention of it. No; the vision is always solid and reliable. The vision is always a fact. It is the reality that is often a fraud."


My daughter Meg prayed, "God, thank You that we live in America and that we don't have a king. But, if we keep going the way we are going, we will have one. So, help us to change our ways so we can stay free and be a light to the world and a refuge to people around the world who need a safe place to be...."


Have mercy on us, O God, according to Your loving-kindness, according to the multitude of your tender mercies....

1 comment:

Serena said...

Good thoughts, good prayer. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...