Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Friday, September 16, 2011

And the winner is.....

Using my super classy and techie method of writing numbers of scraps of paper and having one of the kids draw without looking, I've chosen a winner of our EMPOWERED BIRTH WEEK Carnival!

And the winner is......Mama K at Knifty News and Rants!  Congratulations!!!  Coincidentally, Mama K just gave birth to their third child a couple days ago! A lovely natural homebirth!  So proud of you, Mama K!

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR STORIES!  I love hearing birth stories.  Always little miracles.

"So, after that, Beaker and I started talking about the whole mystery of the incarnation....what it all comes down to is, what would it be like to be God almighty and to inspire those prophets to write all those great books and Moses to write those books and then to have to become a little boy and endure Hebrew school and listen to some rabbi rattle on about something that you wrote before he was ever born? What would it be like to be Christ? I mean, did He ever play ball? Did they ever knock a window out of somebody's house and did He ever have to explain to His dad that He had to borrow $12.00? So, we just started talking about what a weird thing it would be to be God and then to become flesh and then we also went on and just talked about what a weird thing to be nothing and then to become flesh. That at one time we were nothing and then we got here. And wasn't it great and aren't you glad that you were born?"  (Rich Mullins)

So, what did she win?  Well, I promised it would be something I thought was very cool.  I am sending Mama K her the book I am currently reading: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  This season of having a new baby (and two other wee ones underfoot) is a time to practice extreme gratefulness Voskamp style.  I know you will be inspired.  I am!  (If you already own this book, tell me quick and I'll substitute something else.)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...