Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cheers to the recipient of my randomness!

This is my jar of collected wine corks.  
Sits on my mantle as a reminder of good times.

As promised in my pessimistic unvitation for 2011, I have picked out a wine cork to end the extremely suspenseful giveaway.  And the winner is Sara at June Cleaver In Yoga Pants.  Send me your address, Sara and I'll send you this snazzy cork...a little something from my villa to yours.

A little about how I know Sara:  We grew up together on the beautiful Central Coast of California.  She was actually instrumental in my getting involved in missions as a teenager.  Thanks to her and her sister's testimonies and encouragement I started going to Teen Missions.  And Teen Missions is how I met Gana.  So, in a way, you could say that it's all her fault thanks to her (and her sister)! 

Now my current giveaway is much better.  Give my money to your favorite charity!  Please enter by visiting my Daddy's blog!

4 comments:

stacy said...

Ahhh... thanks Daja!!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

LOL congrats, Sara! :)

Lady Dorothy said...

I'm often in awe of how much our lives were changed by being involved with Teen Missions. Amazing. Thank you, Johnson girls!

Sara said...

did i just see this? or did i forget? in any case, you are WELCOME! i loved teen missions...in its own crazy way...i have tried to convince my husband to think about leading a team someday, still working on it ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...