Wasting our lives and glorifying God

Wasting our lives and glorifying God
Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The World Is A Stage

Have I ever told you that I love street performers?  I do.  I love a person who isn't just after fame, but who loves their craft.  I love a person who trusts their talent enough to sink or swim in the pool of public opinion without the help of a PR rep or agent or spin doctor.  I love someone who loves what they do enough to take whatever living that can bring them.

Paris is street performer heaven.  Singers.  Musicians.  Rappers.  Puppeteers.  Dancers.  Actors.





And I could have spent all day in the Metro listening, watching and appreciating true artists.



While we waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours to climb the bell tower of Notre Dame, this man entertained the line.  With an ugly mask he would scare tourists who were walking with their noses stuck in guide books.  He accepted tips in exchange for our laughs.



He was a quite nice looking Frenchman under the mask and very charming.





Sorry that this one is sideways.  I haven't figured out how to flip videos.

1 comment:

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

Awww...a little miniature person... :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...